Working for Sunshine Solutions:
We are a expanding team of friendly and passionate carers providing bespoke person centred care.
We specialise in assisting people who may be either recovering from an operation,
recent illness or just getting that little bit slower as they mature.
Our services support and maintain the clients chosen lifestyle.
We believe that each client is unique, with their own individual preferences and needs.
If you feel that you could fulfil these posts and that you have the same
values as our company please contact us or print off and fill in an application form to apply.
Due to our current expansion programme
Sunshine Solutions have vacancies in the following areas:
Full time and part time home care workers
in Richmond, Catterick and Bedale.
HOME CARE WORKER
Covering Richmond, Catterick & Bedale
£7.50 per hour & 17 pence per mile travel allowance
(subject to status)
Experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given
A DBS check will be required for successful applicants. This will be paid for by Sunshine Solutions subject to status
Your own transport would be an advantage but is not essential.
Successful applicants will be required to enroll for a NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care to meet with legislation requirements.
Purpose of role:
• To support clients with all aspects of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life.
• Providing care and support is both a challenging and rewarding experience.
• You will mostly work alone with the customer in their home.
Essential Personal Qualities
• Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this important role in our company.
• Safely provide compassionate care and support that is centred on the individual needs and wishes of each customer.
• Respect clients’ choices and promote their dignity at all times.
• You may be the only person the customer sees over a period of time, it is therefore essential to report any changes or causes for concern to your supervisor promptly.
• You need to be clear about when to seek help and advice in order to keep clients safe and promote their well being
• Care and support that values the diverse and unique qualities of each customer.
• See the whole person and not merely a list of care needs.
• Carefully listen and observe how clients prefer their care and support to be delivered on a day to day basis.
• Help clients make their own decisions and to be as independent as possible.
• Follow instructions in the care and support plan which has been agreed with each customer.